Zyzyx - Level X Zyzyx - Level X

Hats are a little loud. Probably something with the mastering I imagine, but this is really dope otherwise. Keep it up!!!

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

thanks chael :DD I think in this mp3 version I forgot to cut out some of the highs... newgrounds made me export to mp3 and I had to remaster it because I didn't save the original master. whoops! (fixed it, re-uploaded file)

[F] - Unfinished #001 [F] - Unfinished #001

Add in the wubs if you want to continue the track. This seems more like an outline for a drop more than anything else.

The Ascension The Ascension

Composition is absolutely lovely, but the mix is super cluttered. I wouldn't be surprised if this was on something like Armada otherwise. Have you heard of side chain? (super important for trance especially).

Keep up the incredible work, I would love to listen to a VIP of this when your mix improves!

kylermannn responds:

Thanks dude! Yeah, I'd definitely agree about the mix. It's definitely a weakness of mine.

I've never heard of side chain though. Looks like its a way to duck reverb behind stuff? That sounds more technical than anything I've ever done haha. For the most part, I've kind of just self-taught myself through experience and playing around with the built-in FL plugins. I think I'll try and look into tho. Thanks for the tip!

Updraft Updraft

Not bad, just has a messy mix that can use some work. You have good song structure though.

Keep it up!

Strykur responds:

I totally agree, I probably should have spent a bit more time on the mixing. Thanks!

Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression

Damn, hell of a hybrid between you two.

You guys are quite the team for a project like this. This worked surprisingly well for a 128bpm dubstep piece with no house beat whatsoever.

This orchestral was brilliant. I couldn't believe how immersed I felt throughout the track. This track is a piece that uses its atmosphere really well.

I love to see collabs like this on NG, so definitely continue to work with others.... well, whenever it works.

Excellent work, you guys.

TheFatRat - Fly Away Feat. Anjulie (Zyzyx Remix) TheFatRat - Fly Away Feat. Anjulie (Zyzyx Remix)

Fire.

A little cluttered in builds but very nice overall!

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

Thanks chaeeel!!

TheFatRat - Fly Away feat. Anjulie TheFatRat - Fly Away feat. Anjulie

I was kind of hoping for a track similar to Xenogenesis, just to see what you could pull off lately with that style. I am really impressed :)

Keep up the incredible work.

NGADM 2017 Auditions Podcast NGADM 2017 Auditions Podcast

This is a really good 'heads up' for everyone involved in the competition.

Should we expect multiple podcasts from you throughout the next 5 months?

ChronoNomad responds:

That's what I'm planning! Well, to be specific, that's what I was planning to do if this one was well received. Which it actually seems to be...

But yeah, I'm thinking maybe a nice podcast at each level of the competition. So that would end up being a grand total of seven, counting this one. There's no plan set in stone, per se, and it was all a very spur of the moment thing yesterday. Might as well just let my instincts be my guide.

Paris & Simo X Jakko ft. Paul Aiden - Here Tonight [Proximity Relase] Paris & Simo X Jakko ft. Paul Aiden - Here Tonight [Proximity Relase]

Read the rules once and a while. Don't post stuff you didn't make. Nobody wants to hear stuff you didn't make. We can go to Sound Cloud or YouTube for that.

This is a community of artists working towards better music production, not a place to show off your converted mp3s.

CLASHOFRAUCOC responds:

In fact, I will remove it by this week, the song dates back to 2 years ago and like all Geometry Dash players have dreamed of making a level with a song they like (is not an excuse but just to point out). Thanks for reminding me that. I had I also want to say that most of people don't accept constructive criticism and opinions. In my opinion, you and F-777 are behaving like spoiled children. I will not answer because I do not care but if I feel that a Song / album is ugly I can say why we do not live on Discovery Kids but on the real world.

Best of luck :)

Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen) Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen)

Hands down, this is one of your best projects yet. I was dying to hear a mid-tempo piece from you with your orchestral style, and I am very satisfied with the project. I was compelled by the guitar to listen to this track in full. I am definitely downloading the wav.

Albert's guitar compositions are lovely and the vibes of this track (specifically the intro) are just magical.

Your growls in this one were quite powerful and effective. I was definitely happy to hear your take on a drop with lot's of empty room between the drums (the second drop in this piece).

I think my only criticism I can think of is that perhaps a few of the sounds in the second drop are less effective in the context of this project. But overall, this is a really strong piece.

I still don't really understand what some are complaining about for the drops. The drops of Karma are better structured than some of your previous drops, so you are still on the right track. I guess people are thrown off a little by your more innovative projects like this.

In the past, I have heard people discuss albums of various artists that try something new and how they were unsure of how to feel about the tracks within them. Eventually they stated that the tracks of these albums grew on them. I think some of your fans may have a similar experience with this track after listening several times.

May you continue to acquire positive Karma within this life, X.