Excellence Excellence

Basically 3/8, but you can do all of those time signatures in 4/4.

I have one ongoing dubstep project in this style too. Nice to see someone else work with it nicely!

Not a fan of the snare but whatever, the rest of the track is quite excellent.

Ravitex responds:

I decided to go with a snare that I wouldn't normally use. Thought it was rather weird at first, but to me it sounds fine right now. Thanks for the feedback!

Xtrullor - Authority Xtrullor - Authority

Actually damn. So much punch and the flow is just lovely.

Keep up the ever-evolving work you keep surprising me with.

Streets Streets

I could imagine playing a level of classic Doom or something like that to this track. It has that nostalgic feel lol.

This is a great piece, dude. Liking the vibes.

Varv404 responds:

Thanks man, appreciate it. I haven't been active at all lately, summer was pretty eventful and now school is starting. I'll check out your stuff, haven't listened to your tracks in a while but I know you've improved a lot.

Pulvite - Butterfly Pulvite - Butterfly

I love the drums and atmosphere but you definitely need harder snares for the chords to leap off of in the drop. They are so hard that the snares can't handle them. Melodies are pretty damn good.

Mix is pretty solid and I am excited to hear more from you.

Pulvite responds:

Thanks! I think I have more punchy snares in my samples folder but idk xD

Zyzyx - Level X Zyzyx - Level X

Hats are a little loud. Probably something with the mastering I imagine, but this is really dope otherwise. Keep it up!!!

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

thanks chael :DD I think in this mp3 version I forgot to cut out some of the highs... newgrounds made me export to mp3 and I had to remaster it because I didn't save the original master. whoops! (fixed it, re-uploaded file)

[F] - Unfinished #001 [F] - Unfinished #001

Add in the wubs if you want to continue the track. This seems more like an outline for a drop more than anything else.

The Ascension The Ascension

Composition is absolutely lovely, but the mix is super cluttered. I wouldn't be surprised if this was on something like Armada otherwise. Have you heard of side chain? (super important for trance especially).

Keep up the incredible work, I would love to listen to a VIP of this when your mix improves!

kylermannn responds:

Thanks dude! Yeah, I'd definitely agree about the mix. It's definitely a weakness of mine.

I've never heard of side chain though. Looks like its a way to duck reverb behind stuff? That sounds more technical than anything I've ever done haha. For the most part, I've kind of just self-taught myself through experience and playing around with the built-in FL plugins. I think I'll try and look into tho. Thanks for the tip!

Updraft Updraft

Not bad, just has a messy mix that can use some work. You have good song structure though.

Keep it up!

Strykur responds:

I totally agree, I probably should have spent a bit more time on the mixing. Thanks!

Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression

Damn, hell of a hybrid between you two.

You guys are quite the team for a project like this. This worked surprisingly well for a 128bpm dubstep piece with no house beat whatsoever.

This orchestral was brilliant. I couldn't believe how immersed I felt throughout the track. This track is a piece that uses its atmosphere really well.

I love to see collabs like this on NG, so definitely continue to work with others.... well, whenever it works.

Excellent work, you guys.

TheFatRat - Fly Away Feat. Anjulie (Zyzyx Remix) TheFatRat - Fly Away Feat. Anjulie (Zyzyx Remix)

Fire.

A little cluttered in builds but very nice overall!

DJ-Zyzyx responds: